Join a team of world-class engineers working on the next generation of networking services using Istio, Envoy, Apache SkyWalking and a few of the open projects to define the next generation of cloud native network service.
Istio upstream contributor: Golang
We are looking for engineers with strong distributed systems experience to join our team. We are building a secure, robust, and highly available service mesh platform for mission critical enterprise applications spanning both legacy and modern infrastructure. This is an opportunity to dedicate a significant amount of contribution to Istio upstream on a regular basis. If you are a fan of Istio and would like to increase your contribution on a dedicated basis, this would be an opportunity for you.
- Fundamentals-based problem solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset.
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line and on time.
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideasIntellectually curious with a penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Understands the difference between attention to detail vs. detailed - oriented
- Values autonomy and results over process
- You contribute effectively outside of your specialty
- Experience building distributed system platforms using Golang
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Excellent understanding of networking protocols, concepts, consistency properties of distributed systems, techniques to identify and reconcile configuration drifts
- Experience contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- Familiarity with WebAssembly is a plus. Familiarity with Golang, hardware/software load balancers (F5, NGINX), HSM modules, Active Directory/LDAP is a plus.
We encourage written and asynchronous communication in English, and proficient oral English is not required.
Distributed Systems Engineer, Enterprise Infrastructure (Data plane) GoLang or C++ Developers
Seeking backend software engineers experienced in building distributed systems using Golang and gRPC. We are building a secure, and highly available service mesh platform for mission-critical enterprise applications for Fortune 500 companies, spanning both the legacy and modern infrastructure. Should possess strong fundamentals in distributed systems and networking. Familiarity with technologies like Kubernetes, Istio, and Envoy, as well as open contributions would be a plus.
- Experience building distributed system platforms using C++, Golang, and gRPC.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy.
- Excellent understanding of networking protocols, concepts, consistency properties of distributed systems, techniques to identify and reconcile configuration drifts.
- Experience contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: WebAssembly, Authorization: NGAC, RBAC, ABAC
- Familiarity with hardware/software load balancers (F5, NGINX), HSM modules, Active Directory/LDAP is a plus.
Site Reliability Engineer, SRE
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run scalable, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. As part of the team, you will be working on ensuring that Tetrate’s platform has reliability/uptime appropriate to users’ needs as well as a fast rate of improvement. Additionally, much of our engineering effort focuses on building infrastructure, improving the platform troubleshooting abilities, and eliminating toil through automation.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership/finish and self-directed drive.
- Strong fundamentals in operating, debugging, and troubleshooting distributed systems(stateful and/or stateless) and networking.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, service mesh technologies such as Istio and EnvoyAbility to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: C++, Rust, Python, Go.
- Familiarity with the concepts of quantifying failure and availability in a prescriptive manner using SLOs and SLIs.
- Experience in performance analysis and tuning is a plus.
We are remote with presence in China, Indonesia, India, Japan, U.S., Canada, Ireland, the Netherlands, Spain, and Ukraine.
Please send GitHub or online links that showcase your code style along with your resume to [email protected] .
Powered by Envoy and Istio, its ﬂagship product, Tetrate Service Bridge, enables bridging traditional and modern workloads. Customers can get consistent baked-in observability, runtime security and traffic management for all their workloads, in any environment.
In addition to the technology, Tetrate brings a world-class team that leads the open Envoy and Istio projects, providing best practices and playbooks that enterprises can use to modernize their people and processes.
Varun , co-founder was the initial founder of Istio and gRPC back in Google. We are a two-year-old start-up building compelling network products and services that we believe will result in a step function change in the industry. JJ , co-founder, started the cloud infrastructure team (working alongside Mesos, VM, OS and Provisioning infrastructure teams – under platform team) at Twitter. What got him excited to leave Twitter to start this company is the ability to create a change in how service development happens in enterprises.
Tetrate was founded in Silicon Valley with a large number of our team represented in Canada,, China, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, the Netherlands and Ukraine. Our recruiting goal is simple: find the best talent no matter the background and location. We don’t recruit to a title or a role, instead, we focus on problems that need to be solved. It would be great to discuss overlaps and interests over a live call. You choose where you want to work, flexible time away and work schedule. We have teams get-togethers about 3-4 times a year, most recently in SF, Seattle, Barcelona, San Diego, Washington D.C. and Bandung. This helps with building rapport which then helps with collaboration when you are working virtually.
To learn more, pleases visit tetrate.io .Read More